Friday, May 2, 2008

I Love Sharon and Ducks

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By glassburn at 2008-05-02

... and this is why...

When I was in my residency in D.C., I used to walk with Sharon to this little playground in the trailer park where we were living. There was a goose that lived in little pond there - and Sharon used to get excited and start chanting, "A Duck! A Duck!"

Later when we moved to WV, we used to go to Coonskin Park in Charleston. There were always lots of ducks there. We were trying to teach Sharon to count at the time... and when asked to count the ducks, she would point to each one in sequence and precisely say, " A duck... A duck... A duck..." and then faster, " A-ducka-ducka-ducka-ducka-ducka-ducka-..." until all were accounted for....

That's why I love Sharon and ducks...

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Numbers just didn't express what I needed to say.
QUALITY, NOT QUANTITY...when it comes to ducks!

(love you, Dad!)